A Lovely Pot of Coconuts… 10 Ways!
Packed with proteins, vitamins and antioxidants, this simple one-pot-wonder is guaranteed to become your skincare hero.
Cosmetic-grade and specially refined for use on the skin, leaving no heavy residue. This simple product is non comedogenic (pore-blocking). It contains no preservatives, sulphates, parabens, fragrances, bleaches or colourants. So it’s free from all the nasties, and super versatile!
- Balm Cleanser. Use morning or night to lift impurities and remove even waterproof makeup. Just add a small amount of the product to the palms of your hands and warm to melt into smooth oil. I like to take a mindful moment; holding my hands a little way from my face and taking 3 deep grounding breaths to calm my mind before starting my cleansing ritual. Apply to the skin with sweeping motions before removing with a reusable cloth or wipe to reveal beautifully cleansed skin.
- Facial Moisturiser. Apply a small amount of Coconut Oil to the palms of your hands to warm and melt into oil. Press gently into the face. For daily use, we’re not trying to achieve lots of slip and glide here, just a light application to nourish the skin. But you can add a little more if you have a dry skin type or want a rich and nourished feel.
- Lip Balm. Warm a little Coconut Oil through your finger tips and apply to your lips for a soft and nourishing treat.
- Lip Scrub. Mix a little Coconut Oil with finely granulated sugar to create your own lip scrub!
- Massage Oil. Use this product on any areas of tension or stress to massage deeply into the muscles in slow meditative motions. Our Coconut Oil provides a beautifully light slip and glide whilst nourishing any dry areas too!
- Hair and Scalp Treatment. Warm a pea-sized amount of product in palms and apply to the mid lengths and ends of the hair. Warm and massage the same amount into the scalp. Here’s a couple of movements included in our Rolling Waves Head & Shoulder Treatment at The Lagoon for you to try at home!
- Place your hands on your head and take 3 meditative breaths. Set your intention. Either picture a comforting place, colour or person or you could affirm in your mind. I like to use: “I am calm, I am centred, I am letting go of today’s stresses. Calmness washes over me either every breath I take”
- Fingertip rotations. With your fingers positioned widely apart, use the tips to add pressure onto the scalp. Slowly rotate the fingertips in a clockwise motion three times. Then in an anticlockwise motion three times. Continue for 5/6 minutes
- Use your fingertips and make a combing motion, from the nape of the neck to the crown of the head. Slowly sweep through the hair staying close to the scalp and cover the whole scalp. Continue for 3 minutes
- Work pressure points. Trace your fingers upwards from the back of the ears towards the top of the head. You will feel a slight hollow on the crown of the head. Apply a gentle pressure to this area, hold for 3 seconds, release and repeat. Working this pressure point helps to alleviate headaches and can also improve memory and concentration. Continue for 1 / 2 minutes
- Repeat each step 2 times to complete your scalp ritual
- Hand Balm. A welcome hand rescue as we’re all getting used to washing our hands more. Coconut Oil is nutrient and protein-rich so, perfect for improving the skins texture and combating dry and flaky areas.
- Cuticle Oil. Alongside our hands being super dry, our cuticles are also feeling a little sore and neglected! Cuticles are important to achieve healthy nail growth, they can become dry and split, which can then lead to infection. Coconut Oil is naturally anti-bacterial and super moisturising.
- Deodorant. Yes really!! Coconut Oil is naturally antibacterial and works to protect against odour-causing bacteria. Add with a tiny amount of Bicarb of Soda for highest efficiency.
- Scar Rescue. Great for stretchmarks, acne scarring, healed wounds… If it needs a little love, put Coconut Oil on it! Rich in nutrients and proteins for a deeply nourishing coat of armour.
We’d love to see how you use your Lovely Pot of Coconuts. Tag us on socials!