I’m Hannah, Natural Skincare Therapist at Southsea Bathing Hut. I’ll be sharing weekly wellness tips to lift the mind and spirit as we all stay safe, stay well and stay home.
Here’s a guide to our super clean, natural and organic, 'Pure Marine Bio Essence' facial skincare products.
Organic Skincare Routine | Seaweed & Coastal Botanical Skincare
While some of us may have some knowledge of what a good skincare routine involves, it can be so overwhelming with the abundance of different products and techniques in the beauty industry!
But, fear not… Southsea Bathing Hut has streamlined - into a cute little hand stamped pouch - a simple but powerful facial skincare range called the 'Pure Marine Bio Essence Collection' .
Lovingly made with beautifully British costal botanicals, and suitable for all skin types the collection includes; the award winning Bi Phase Make-Up Cleanser, multi award winning Foaming Facial Cleanser, Complexion Water Toner and Facial Treatment Oil.
The Pure Marine ‘Discovery Kit’ allows us to fall in love with all these and perfect our skincare routine before investing in the full size products.
This is the perfect time to get into the habit of a natural skincare regime, as we all have a little extra time for ourselves. And sometimes if we’ve been using synthetic products and switch to something new and natural on our skin, we go through a process called skin purging where the skin is detoxing all the rubbish from your previous skincare regime and bringing it to the surface where it will then naturally shed.
Your skincare routine should leave your skin feeling fresh, clean, and radiant every morning and every night. Whether during your morning shower, awakening and feeding the skin with vital antioxidants. Or as you unwind at night-time and cleanse the day away.
In the evening, try to complete your routine as soon as you get home. All those pesky pollutants and destructive dirt that has jumped onto your skin during the day are playing havoc the longer they’re allowed to roam freely there!
And promise me this, please never sleep with make-up on. I mean we’ve all been there, me included! When you just can’t be bothered, or you’ve fallen asleep on the sofa and you’re too tired to do anything! But your skin repairs and renews overnight. While you’re resting, lovely fresh youthful collagen cells are being produced. Sleeping with make-up on can slow this process down and therefore speed up signs of premature ageing.
So, now we know when to carry out our skincare routine, let’s explore the Southsea Bathing Hut way with a simple 4 step double cleanse, tone, moisturise.
Step 1: The aim for the first cleanse is to remove daily dirt, pollutants, sweat, oils, make-up and sunscreen!
Apply a couple drops of Bi Phase Make-Up Cleanser to 2 damp cotton or reusable wipes. Using damp pads will prevent the pad from soaking up the majority of the product! Also dampening with cold water refreshes and awakens the skin while warm water will soothe and calm tired eyes.
Gently sweep across the whole face focusing on areas with stubborn make-up.
Your skin will love the organic Damask Rose Water which soothes and calms your complexion, Rosehip Seed Oil and Seaweed full of nutritive minerals, protective antioxidants, and revitalising vitamins.
Step 2: Now the skin is clear, we’re looking to treat the deeper layers of the skin as we cleanse.
Take 1 or 2 pumps of Foaming Facial Cleanser to your palms. And gently massage onto the face, neck and décolleté.
Rinse with a warm water splash, a bamboo or muslin cloth, whichever you prefer. Tip! Using a cloth to remove will gently exfoliate too! The silky bubbles work to lift impurities and soften the skin.
This velvety product is made with locally picked blackberries, rich in vitamin A and C that boost collagen production and improve skin elasticity. Organic Damask Rose and Orange Flower Water help to control and balance oil production and the skin’s natural pH, while providing their anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antioxidant properties.
Toning plays an important role in your skincare routine as it kickstarts your hydration, tightens, firms and tones skin. It also removes any residue left over by the cleanser without stripping your skin of its natural oils.
Apply a few drops of Complexion Water Toner to a damp pad and gently swipe across the face, neck and décolleté.
With Nettle and Rose Geranium, this product will gently soothe and calm your complexion, and protect delicate skin.
Step 4: Now we use the beautifully aromatic, top selling Facial Treatment Oil.
Apply a couple drops to your palms, a little goes a long way. And gently massage into to the face, neck and décolleté.
In the morning I like to apply less product and gently press into my face whereas in the evening, I like to apply a little more product and give myself a lovely facial massage to stimulate my muscles and start to unwind the mind for bedtime. Y
You can follow the massage routine over on our YouTube channel (https://youtu.be/M7tjGoYb9aE) . Or use the step-by-step guide below.
This 100% organic product is made with Sweet Almond and Jojoba Oils to soothe, nourish and protect. Rosehip Seed Oil and Elderflower are both rich in antioxidants and vitamins to help tone and hydrate fine lines and wrinkles. And deeply regenerative Vitamin E moisturises, heals and repairs.
The perfect end to your skincare routine!
You’ll notice that Seaweed is in all these facial skincare products and there’s a special reason for that! Our handmade Seaweed Extract contains Sea Lettuce, Dulse, Nori and Gut Weed. It is super rich in toning, revitalising and nutritive minerals; moisturising amino acids; protective sugars and vitamins for skin. This magic ingredient will make your skin glow like Aphrodite, goddess of love and beauty who was born from the sea!
We’re focusing on draining the lymphatic fluid from the face, to help detoxify the skin tissues and awaken the muscles, leaving the skin feeling plump and fresh! Use gentle pressure throughout, as your lymph vessels lie just beneath your skin. Use just enough pressure to move the skin without creating any redness.
- Working along the muscles that sit along your collar bone (but avoiding massage directly on the bone) gently slide the pads of your fingertips on your index and middle fingers outwards towards the shoulders. And hold for 3 breaths. Repeat 3 times.
- Gently slide back to the middle and now, with the same pads of your fingertips, start to slide up the neck towards the jawline. And work outwards towards the ears until you have covered the whole neck. Apply a gentle pressure at the base of the ear in the hollow of your jawline. This is your submandibular node. Hold for 3 breaths and move on.
- Working along your jawline, bend both your index and middle fingers to make a ‘v’ shape between the knuckles. Place the ‘v’ over your jaw starting at the tip of your chin and slide outwards towards the ears. Repeat this 3 times.
- Now place both your index fingers above your top lip and your middle fingers below your bottom lip. Relax your lips and slide all fingers outwards towards the ears. Repeat 3 times. Apply a gentle pressure just at the hollow where your jaw meets the ears. This is your auricular node. Hold for 3 breaths.
- Now working to drain our sinuses. Take the full length of both index fingers pointing upwards towards the eyes, place at either sides of the nose and slide outwards along the cheekbones towards the ears. Repeat 3 times.
- Using your ring fingers now. Work upwards from the bridge of the nose along the eyebrows and circle down around the eyes. Repeat each circle 3 times.
- Using your index middle and ring fingers all together. Place all 3 tips at the centre of your forehead. And slide outwards towards your hair line 3 times.
- Now hold your hands together, just in front of your face and inhale the gentle aromas of the beautiful facial treatment oil. Take a moment here to unwind the mind and to finish off your facial massage.
I hope you enjoy playing around with your new skincare routine using the Southsea Bathing Hut ‘Discovery Kit’ and I’m sure your skin will feel amazing because of it!
Until next time… peace and loooove!