30 minute treatment, £28
50 minute treatment, £40
(50% booking deposit required)
Enhance your treatment with the option to add Infrared Light or Hot Stones for an extra £5.
What is Drift Away WaveStone Aromatherapy Massage?
This wellbeing full body massage works away knots and tension. Our therapist uses a combination of techniques and gently heated, smooth white jade Wavestones to glide over the body. Mind and body are de-stressed, leaving you relaxed and at peace.
How does a Drift Away WaveStone Aromatherapy Massage Work?
Aromatherapy massage is a holistic healing treatment that uses aromatic natural plant extracts to improve the health of the body, mind and spirit.
Allow plenty of time for your treatment; arrive 10 minutes early so there’s time to relax in our waiting area. If it is your first time at The Lagoon you’ll be asked to complete a pre-treatment client questionnaire. Avoid eating a heavy meal or drinking alcohol prior to the treatment.
Our skilled therapist will guide you into The Lagoon and ask some questions to establish your needs. This will help to identify any areas of your body which may require more focus and release during your treatment. They will further tailor your treatment by selecting an essential oil blend to suit your needs.
Your therapist will give you time to undress privately and lie down on our massage table, where you may cover yourself with towels. You will not be completely exposed at any point during your treatment; your therapist will uncover one little bit of you at a time depending on the area she is focusing on.
Our therapist will use massage oil and a combination of strokes and techniques to massage your neck, back, arms and legs, with and without the stones to enhance both physical and emotional health, helping to soothe and heal.
Our semi-precious Wavestones contain over 30 trace elements. In addition, Jade is known as a natural transmitter of far infrared rays. This enables our therapist to more deeply penetrate tissue, increasing your lymphatic flow and encouraging your body to remove waste products.
Our 30 min treatment includes massage of your back, neck, arms and hands. Our 50 minute treatment will also include massage of the feet, legs and head.
Opt for our 50 minute treatment and you will also enjoy a mini seaweed facial, comprising of a single cleanse and tone, plus facial and scalp massage.
What are the benefits of a Drift Away WaveStone Aromatherapy Massage?
The combination of aromatherapy and warm Wavestones encourages your body to deeply relax and detox.
Some other benefits of this treatment include:
- stimulating the circulatory system and promote self-healing
- softening and relaxing the muscles using Far Infrared
- soothing sore joints
- encouraging the release of toxins
- reducing stress, agitation, and anxiety
- treating headaches and migraines
- improving sleep quality
How can I enhance my treatment?
Add Hot Stone or Infrared Light Therapy to this treatment for a small additional fee (£5).
Hot Stone Therapy is a specialist massage that uses smooth, flat, heated basalt positioned in the palms of your hands, along your spine, legs and between the toes. The stones warm and relax your muscles, allowing a deeper pressure to be applied during your massage.
Infrared Therapy involves an infrared lamp being placed over the body for up to 20 minutes during your treatment. It prompts the release of nitric oxide in the body, which enhances blood flow. This brings oxygen and nutrients to injured, aching tissues, resulting in fast relief from pain and inflammation.
Is a Drift Away WaveStone Aromatherapy Massage right for me?
Warm stone therapy is not recommended for anyone who has high blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease, varicose veins, migraines, rheumatoid arthritis, decreased pain sensitivity, recent wounds, areas of weakened or inflamed skin, tumours or metal implants, or who has recently undergone chemotherapy, radiation or surgery, or is on medication that thins the blood.
Due to the potency of essential oils, aromatherapy products should not be used during the first trimester of pregnancy. If you think you may be pregnant, let your therapist know.
If you have a serious medical condition you need to provide Southsea Bathing Hut with a letter from your doctor or practitioner confirming that the treatment is suitable for you.
Giving this treatment as a gift? Read about our Gift Card for The Lagoon Treatment Room here.
- A 50% deposit is payable upon booking treatments online and in-store. The 50% balance for this treatment is payable in-store to Southsea Bathing Hut at the end of your treatment.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before your treatment time in order to complete a Client Information Form.
- The treatment times stated is the actual time our Natural Skincare & Wellbeing Therapist will be practicing her skills on you. Please allow an additional 5-10 minutes following your treatment to dress and receive any after-care advice.
On products in our natural skincare shop for the 1 hour after your treatment.
Spread the word and save
Following your visit, refer a friend and each receive 10% off your next treatment.
The following Terms and Conditions have been implemented with your convenience and satisfaction in mind.
- Arriving late may eat into treatment time.
- We are sorry that children or pets cannot be allowed to wait at The Lagoon or anywhere within Southsea Bathing Hut unattended whilst parents/owners are in treatment.
- Appointments must be cancelled or changed within a minimum of 48 hours before the appointment time or deposits will be non-refundable. Appointments cancelled outside the 48 hour period need to be rebooked for a date within 30 days from the original booking otherwise deposits are lost.
- Clients who no-show lose their deposit or one treatment from their course/package or gift voucher if that's the method of payment.
Further Terms and Conditions for The Lagoon at Southsea Bathing Hut can be found here