45 minute treatment
(50% booking deposit required)
What is a Make A Splash Facial?
Our holistic facials use our award-winning Pure Marine Bio Essence Collection, plus other facial skincare products exclusively formulated by Southsea Bathing Hut for The Lagoon.
The Make A Splash Facial uses all our facial skincare products made with British coastal botanicals: gentle, powerful, natural and organic.
How does a Make A Splash Facial work?
Our 45 minute facial includes a single cleanse, hot towel steam, exfoliation, tone, plus dead sea mud masque, relaxing face, scalp and neck massage, moisturiser and lip balm.
Allow plenty of time for your treatment; arrive 10 minutes early so there’s time to relax in our waiting area. If it is your first time at The Lagoon you’ll be asked to complete a pre-treatment client questionnaire. Avoid drinking alcohol prior to the treatment.
Our skilled therapist will guide you into The Lagoon and ask some questions to establish your needs. This will help to identify any areas or aspects of your skin which may require more focus during your treatment.
Your therapist will give you time to undress from the waist upwards privately and lie down on our massage table, where you may cover yourself with towels. You will not be exposed at any point during your treatment, as our therapist will focus on the head and neck area.
At the end of your treatment, our expert therapist will provide information and aftercare advice, based on your skin type.
Is a Make A Splash Facial right for me?
The natural and organic skincare products and techniques used in this treatment have been formulated to suit most skin types, including sensitive and blemish-prone skin.
If you are currently experiencing regular significant breakouts, such as whiteheads, blackheads or cystic acne, we recommend seeking the services of a dermatologist in the first instance as an extraction-based medical-grade facial may be most helpful for you. Due to the hyper-sensitivity and inflammation caused during an acne breakout, the pure essential oils and plant extracts used in our products may cause mild irritation. Don’t hesitate to contact us for more advice and we can always point you in the right direction to get the help you need.
This treatment involves massage oils being massaged directly into the scalp and hairline. We therefore recommend bringing a hairbrush and hair tie (as necessary) for use after your treatment. We have mirrors hanging in The Lagoon for your convenience.
Giving this treatment as a gift? Read about our Gift Card for The Lagoon Treatment Room here.
- A 50% deposit is payable upon booking treatments online and in-store. The 50% balance for this treatment is payable in-store to Southsea Bathing Hut at the end of your treatment.
- The 45 minute treatment time is the actual time our Natural Skincare & Wellbeing Therapist will be practicing her skills on you. Please allow an additional 5-10 minutes following your treatment to dress and receive any after-care advice.
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before your treatment time in order to complete a Client Information Form.
On products in our natural skincare shop for the 1 hour after your treatment.
Spread the word and save
Following your visit, refer a friend and each receive 10% off your next treatment.
The following Terms and Conditions have been implemented with your convenience and satisfaction in mind.
- Arriving late may eat into treatment time.
- We are sorry that children or pets cannot be allowed to wait at The Lagoon or anywhere within Southsea Bathing Hut unattended whilst parents/owners are in treatment.
- Appointments must be cancelled or changed within a minimum of 48 hours before the appointment time or deposits will be non-refundable. Appointments cancelled outside the 48 hour period need to be rebooked for a date within 30 days from the original booking otherwise deposits are lost.
- Clients who no-show lose their deposit or one treatment from their course/package or gift voucher if that's the method of payment.
Further Terms and Conditions for The Lagoon at Southsea Bathing Hut can be found here