Saturday 5th October 2019
MORNING WORKSHOP 10-12pm
Learn to make your own 100% natural, vegan and plastic-free whipped body butter in the beautiful surroundings of the Southsea Bathing Hut natural skincare apothecary.
Using a base of Coconut Oil, Shea Butter, plant-based wax and three essential oils, your unique recipe will create a luxuriously hydrating body butter.
In a fun and informal group workshop (limited to 6 places), we will cover the following:
- Brief history and chemistry of body oils and essential oils
- An introduction to whipped body butter making equipment and recommended suppliers
- Safety aspects of whipped body butter making
- Making macerated oils using flower petals and herbs
- Using and blending speciality oils and butters
- Using and blending essential oils
- Correctly mixing, pouring and cooling body butters, to avoid graininess
- Packaging ideas
A complimentary Vitamin Water or Herbal Tea will be provided for free.
All workshop participants receive 15% off products in our Natural Skincare Apothecary store. Discount redeemable in the 1 hour immediately following the workshop only.
Please note this workshop is intended for hobbyists and will provide all the skills needed to make a whipped body butter for your friends and family. This workshop will not provide information on how to legally sell your whipped body butter creation to the general public.
Please also note that due to essential oils contained within this formula, this public workshop is unsuitable for pregnant women. We can offer a similar, bespoke private workshops for expectant mums. Click here for details.
When booking this workshop, please note that we can only provide a full refund (less a 10% admin fee) for cancellations made more than 14 days before the start date of the workshop. For any later cancellations there will be no refunds but if the course or workshop is booked to run again at a later date a booking may be transferred subject to availability.