Environmental Policy Statement
Southsea Bathing Hut Ltd was formed in 2015 to satisfy customer requirements for natural skincare products and bathing accessories.
The company is now engaged in formulating, stocking and distribution of skincare products for adult global use.
This Environmental Policy Statement relates to the full range of company activities.
POLICY and OBJECTIVES
Southsea Bathing Hut is committed to minimising the impact of its activities on the environment and continually improving its environmental performance as an integral part of its business strategy and operating methods, with regular review points.
Achievement of this policy involves all staff. In the event of contracting or employing additional staff, this policy will be provided and explained to each employee by the Director.
The key points of its strategy to achieve this are:
a) Comply with or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to the Company.
b) Continually improve and monitor environmental performance.
c) Continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
d) Incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
e) Source and promote a product range to minimise the environmental impact of both production and distribution.
Further objectives of the Southsea Bathing Hut Environmental Policy are listed below.
- Minimise the use of paper in the office.
- Reduce paper packaging as much as possible.
- Seek to buy recycled and recyclable wood and paper products.
- Reuse and recycle all paper and wood products where possible.
- Actively promote recycling and/or reuse amongst customers and suppliers.
- To only source ingredients and packaging which have been sustainably farmed.
ENERGY and WATER
- Seek to reduce the amount of energy and water used as much as possible.
- Taps, lights and electrical equipment will be switched off when not in use.
- Heating will be adjusted with energy consumption in mind.
- Energy consumption and efficiency of new products will be taken into account when purchasing.
MATERIALS and EQUIPMENT
- Evaluate if renting/sharing is an option before purchasing equipment.
- Evaluate the environmental impact of any new products we intend to purchase.
- Favour more environmentally friendly and efficient products wherever possible.
- Reuse and recycle everything we are able to.
- Minimise toxic emissions or pollution through careful selection of its materials, packaging and operations.
- We will use local labour and materials where available to reduce CO2 and help the community.
MAINTENANCE and CLEANING
- Cleaning materials used will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
- Materials used in office refurbishment will be as environmentally friendly as possible.
- We will only use licensed and appropriate organisations to dispose of waste.