Location: Southsea Bathing Hut, 2c Albert Road, Portsmouth, Hampshire PO5 2SH
Reporting to: Samantha Worsey, Founder & Director
Contract type: Temporary fixed term, Hourly
Preferred start date 19th September 2018. Ends Sunday 6th January 2019.
Hours: 18 hours per week. 12noon-6pm Wednesday, 10am – 6pm Thursday and 11am-3pm Sunday.
Payment: £7.83 per hour
plus 20% discount on Southsea Bathing Hut products during employment term
Southsea Bathing Hut is a natural skincare business. Read more at www.southseabathinghut.co.uk.
We are seeking a helping hand during the busy Christmas season, to work on a part-time, fixed term basis.
The post holder will work 18 hours a week, as outlined above. There may be a possibility to work additional hours on Fridays and/or Saturdays, according to the needs of the business. These would be arranged on a flexible basis, in discussion with the Founder.
The post holder will be paid via Bank Transfer on a monthly basis, on 26th day of each month.
This is an important role within the Southsea Bathing Hut team at our busiest time of the year. Applicants must be over 18 for insurance reasons as they will be lone working, and a key holder.
The precise job description may vary according to the business’ demands, but specific duties are listed below:
- To serve customers in the Southsea Bathing Hut natural skincare apothecary at 2c Albert Road, Southsea
- To learn about all products sold in the apothecary, in order to provide an excellent level of customer service including discussing the benefits and suitability of products for particular needs
- To maintain an excellent standard of housekeeping in accordance with company guidelines
- To assist in processing, packing and posting online orders, via southseabathinghut.co.uk, ETSY and Not on the High Street in an efficient and timely way
- To assist in processing and delivering wholesale customer orders
- To assist with processing newly manufactured Southsea Bathing Hut stock, including packaging, labelling and storing products. Although please note this is a retail, sales based position. The post holder will not be involved in making our products alongside the SBH Skincare Chef
- To assist with processing incoming and outgoing material deliveries, updating stock records accordingly and looking out for damaged or missing items as you go
- To assist in preparing stock and fixtures for Southsea Bathing Hut event engagements
- To contribute to Southsea Bathing Hut’s work and mission with enthusiasm and understanding
- To ensure compliance with Southsea Bathing Hut’s H&S guidelines
- To keep our customers front of mind in everything you do
The post holder will be entitled to a 20% discount on all Southsea Bathing Hut products during their employment term.
This post holder is entitled to 25 hours paid holiday entitlement during the employment term, to be arranged on a flexible basis, in discussion with the Founder.
The successful candidate should demonstrate:
- A genuine desire to pitch in and help out within a friendly and ambitious small business
- Being a team player with an enthusiastic and positive can-do approach
- Previous retail sale experience
- Experience or demonstrable interest in the natural beauty industry
- Proven ability to work independently and take initiative
- A keen eye for detail, organisational and planning skills
- Excellent communication, customer service and time management
- Basic IT knowledge (e.g. Microsoft Office, Email, etc.) and a willingness to learn relevant systems as necessary
Some of the following are also desirable:
- Knowledge of EPOS systems or other similar sales systems
- Happy lifting and handling stock and shop fixtures
- Visual merchandising experience
In order to apply please send a CV, with covering letter to email@example.com or post to:
Southsea Bathing Hut
2c Albert Road
The deadline for applications is Saturday 1st September 2018.
Interviews will take place during week commencing 10th September 2018.