We live on the coast and it inspires everything we do. Once upon a time, our home city of Portsmouth was known for its soap and candle making. We’re bringing that heritage back to life.
This hand poured, natural cotton wick Christmas Candle is an festive blend of 100% pure essential oils and non-toxic, GM-free soy wax.
Available as a 90g candle with 16 hour minimum burn time or 220g with 40 hour minimum burn time. Neatly packaged in a stamped cotton pouch with leaflet on 'How to get the best from your SBH Candle':
How to get the best from your SBH Candle
The First Burn
The first burn of a natural soy wax candle is the most important. Burn your candle for long enough to allow a molten pool of wax to form and fully extend to the outside rim of the jar. This is known as setting the candle "memory." Each time you burn the candle, it will then "remember" to burn out to the rim, instead of melting down the centre and causing tunneling.
Other top tips
- Burn your candle in sessions of one hour for every inch of your candle's diameter.
- But never leave a burning candle unattended.
Keep wicks trimmed to 1/4". Trimming the wick will allow the candle to have a longer burn time.
- Burn candles on a protective, heat-resistant surface, away from drafts and anything flammable.
- Keep burning candles out of the reach of children and pets.
- Extinguish the flame by dipping the wick into the melted wax pool, then repositioning it.
- This will help eliminate smoking or "afterglow".
- Store candles in an upright, level position in a dark and cool area. Do not store directly in bright light.