30 minute treatment, £30
50 minute treatment, £45
(50% booking deposit required)
Enhance your treatment with the option to add Infrared Light for an extra £5.
What is a Hot Stone Massage?
Hot Stone Therapy is a specialist massage that encourages balance in the body, which aids the natural healing process. Our therapist uses smooth, flat, heated basalt positioned in the palms of your hands, along your spine, legs and between the toes. The stones warm and relax your muscles, allowing a deeper pressure to be applied during your massage.
How does a Hot Stone Massage Work?
Hot Stones have been used for holistic healing for over 2,000 years. The localised heat and weight of Hot Stones warm, relax and soothe muscles, allowing our therapist to apply deeper pressure without causing discomfort.
Allow plenty of time for your treatment; arrive 10 minutes early so there’s time to relax in our waiting area. If it is your first time at The Lagoon you’ll be asked to complete a pre-treatment client questionnaire. Avoid eating a heavy meal or drinking alcohol prior to the treatment.
Our skilled therapist will guide you into The Lagoon and ask some questions to establish your needs. This will help to identify any areas of your body which may require more focus and release during your treatment. They will further tailor your treatment by selecting an essential oil blend to suit your needs.
Your therapist will give you time to undress privately and lie down on our massage table, where you may cover yourself with towels. You will not be completely exposed at any point during your treatment; your therapist will uncover one little bit of you at a time depending on the area she is focusing on.
Our therapist will use massage oil and Swedish massage technique to prepare your muscles for the stones. Then they will position the warm basalt stones on your body and use a combination of techniques to massage your neck, back, arms and legs, with and without the stones.
Our 30 min treatment includes massage of your back, neck, arms and hands. Our 50 minute treatment will also include massage of the feet, legs and head.
What are the benefits of a Hot Stone Massage?
Hot Stone Therapy enhances both physical and emotional health, helping to soothe and heal.
Some other benefits of this treatment include:
- relaxing tense muscles
- aiding pain relief
- reducing stress, agitation and anxiety
- alleviating depression
- improving sleep quality
How can I enhance my treatment?
Add Infrared Light Therapy to this treatment for a small additional fee (£5).
Infrared Therapy involves an infrared lamp being placed over the body for up to 20 minutes during your treatment. It prompts the release of nitric oxide in the body, which enhances blood flow. This brings oxygen and nutrients to injured, aching tissues, resulting in fast relief from pain and inflammation.
Is a Hot Stone Massage right for me?
Warm stone therapy is not recommended for anyone who has high blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease, varicose veins, migraines, rheumatoid arthritis, decreased pain sensitivity, recent wounds, areas of weakened or inflamed skin, tumours or metal implants, or who has recently undergone chemotherapy, radiation or surgery, or is on medication that thins the blood.
Due to the potency of essential oils, aromatherapy massage oil should not be used during the first trimester of pregnancy. If you think you may be pregnant, let your therapist know.
If you have a serious medical condition you need to provide Southsea Bathing Hut with a letter from your doctor or practitioner confirming that the treatment is suitable for you
Giving this treatment as a gift? Read about our Gift Card for The Lagoon Treatment Room here.
- A 50% deposit is payable upon booking treatments online and in-store. The 50% balance for this treatment is payable in-store to Southsea Bathing Hut at the end of your treatment.
- The treatment times stated is the actual time our Natural Skincare & Wellbeing Therapist will be practicing her skills on you. Please allow an additional 5-10 minutes following your treatment to dress and receive any after-care advice.
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before your treatment time in order to complete a Client Information Form.
On products in our natural skincare shop for the 1 hour after your treatment.
Spread the word and save
Following your visit, refer a friend and each receive 10% off your next treatment.
The following Terms and Conditions have been implemented with your convenience and satisfaction in mind.
- Arriving late may eat into treatment time.
- We are sorry that children or pets cannot be allowed to wait at The Lagoon or anywhere within Southsea Bathing Hut unattended whilst parents/owners are in treatment.
- Appointments must be cancelled or changed within a minimum of 48 hours before the appointment time or deposits will be non-refundable. Appointments cancelled outside the 48 hour period need to be rebooked for a date within 30 days from the original booking otherwise deposits are lost.
- Clients who no-show lose their deposit or one treatment from their course/package or gift voucher if that's the method of payment.
Further Terms and Conditions for The Lagoon at Southsea Bathing Hut can be found here