60 minute treatment
(50% booking deposit required)
What is Smooth Sailing Body Scrub treatment?
Our exceptional full body, skin-softening exfoliation treatment combines epsom salts and natural beads with rich and essential oils, to leave your skin nourished, smooth and supple. Perfect as a stand-alone treatment, or in preparation for a Massage.
How does a Smooth Sailing Body Scrub treatment work?
By combining high quality, vitamin-rich ingredients with gentle massage, our skilled therapist will exfoliate rough skin and stimulate improved circulation, leaving you feeling moisturised, smooth, soft and energised.
You will usually begin on your back and turn over at the halfway point.
Our therapist will use our expertly blended Salty Sea Scrub, and a combination of gentle circular massage techniques, to work the 100% natural exfoliant into your feet, legs, lower torso, hands, arms and upper torso. There’ll be no need to leave the warm comfort of our spa bed, as all residues will be seamlessly removed with warm mits.
The treatment will end in a mini Swedish-style massage, using our rich aromatherapy massage oil.
What are the benefits of a Smooth Sailing Body Scrub treatment?
Through the removal of dead skin cells, our Smooth Sailing Body Scrub treatment revitalises dull skin and allows for the easy absorption of skincare products into the healthy skin.
Some other benefits of this treatment include:
- enabling your daily skincare products to work better
- reducing stress
- softening and relaxing muscles
- encouraging the release of toxins
Is a Smooth Sailing Body Scrub treatment right for me?
As a stimulating exfoliation treatment, your skin may be slightly red after this treatment, but not irritated or painful. This redness should subside within a few hours.
If you tend to break out anywhere on your body from the neck downwards, please advise our team when booking, as we will prepare an alternative scrub blend to complement your sensitive skin type.
Scrub treatments are suitable and safe for just about everyone. However, this treatment is not recommended for anyone with decreased pain sensitivity, recent wounds, areas of weakened or inflamed skin, tumours or metal implants, or who has recently undergone chemotherapy, radiation or surgery, or is on medication that thins the blood.
If you have a serious medical condition you need to provide Southsea Bathing Hut with a letter from your doctor or practitioner confirming that the treatment is suitable for you.
Giving this treatment as a gift? Read about our Gift Card for The Lagoon Treatment Room here.
Save 15% on products in our natural skincare shop for the 1 hour after your treatment.
Important: Due to the current guidelines surrounding the Beauty & Wellness Industry, we cannot provide treatments for people who are identified as clinically extremely vulnerable or anyone clinically vulnerable. This includes anyone over the age of 70, pregnant women or anyone who usually needs a flu jab for underlying medical conditions. Please refer to www.gov.uk for further information.
The following Terms and Conditions have been implemented with your convenience and satisfaction in mind.
- Arriving late may eat into treatment time.
- In accordance with government guidance, we respectfully request that you arrive to your appointment wearing a face mask or covering. This is mandatory for all shops and close contact services. The government have confirmed that face coverings must be worn by clients during massage treatments. Our therapist will ask you to remove your mask during the mini facial offered with the 60 minute treatment. Your therapist will ensure you are comfortable throughout your treatment and can make adaptations as necessary.
If you are feeling unwell or are required to self-isolate, please notify us as soon as possible on 023 9229 3322 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will promptly release your appointment slot for public booking. We will reschedule your appointment to an alternative date and time within 30 days of the original booking in order for you to not lose your deposit. Rescheduled appointments which need to be cancelled or changed beyond this 30 day period, due to serious illness or force majeure, will be rebooked at discretion of the SBH management for a date within 1 calendar year from the original booking. Otherwise, all deposits are lost
- Clients who no-show at their appointment lose their deposit or one treatment from their course/package or gift voucher if that's the method of payment
- By booking a treatment at The Lagoon, you agree to accept hand sanitiser and have your temperature checked, via contactless digital thermometer, on arrival. If your temperature exceeds 38°C (100.4°F), we will have to refuse to proceed with your treatment and reschedule your appointment for another date
Please arrive no more than 5 minutes before your treatment time as we currently have no waiting area for The Lagoon
A 50% deposit must be paid for all bookings.
We encourage all our clients not to bring expensive personal belongings to The Lagoon at Southsea Bathing Hut as we take no responsibility for your items.
Please arrive at your appointment alone. We are sorry that friends, family members, carers, children or pets cannot be allowed to wait at The Lagoon or anywhere within Southsea Bathing Hut unattended whilst you are in the treatment room.
- We are currently only able to accept post-treatment balance payments by credit/debit/visa card. We cannot accept cash payments.
Further Terms and Conditions for The Lagoon at Southsea Bathing Hut can be found here